Coconut oil is one of the healthiest substances on earth!
It has a wide array of health benefits, hair and skin uses and uses around the home that will help improve your life. This tropical oil is rich in beneficial fats like lauric acid and medium chain triglycerides that benefit the body.
Here are some of the many benefits of coconut oil:
- Coconut Oil for Hair– This nourishing oil has been used for centuries in hair and its unique fat composition makes it especially beneficial for many hair types. It can be used as a hair mask, oil treatment, or in homemade hair products.
- To Moisturize and Nourish Skin– The same properties make coconut oil great for skin as well. Many people find that it is an effective natural moisturizer. Its natural antioxidant properties make it great for stopping wrinkles and skin irritation.
- Digestive Help– The high concentration of beneficial fats in coconut oil make it helpful for digestion. Its antimicrobial properties can help fight irritation and infection in the gut from Candida.
- Great Source of Healthy Fats– Over 50% of the fat in coconut oil is lauric acid- the same substance present in breast milk. In fact, coconut oil is the richest source of lauric acid after breastmilk.
- Mental Boost– Fats found in coconut oil can boost brain function in only one dose. Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) are well known for their ability to contribute to focus and mental performance. Adding coconut oil to a drink in the morning can help improve your brain’s activity throughout the day.
- Hormone Support– Getting the wrong kinds of fats can create havoc on hormones. Coconut oil contains specific fats that support the body’s natural hormone production.
- Immune Support– The MCTs (including lauric acid, capric acid, and caprylic acid) have antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties that make it beneficial for immune support.
These beneficial properties of coconut oil make it a superfood and a powerhouse of uses in cooking, beauty recipes, natural remedies and around the home.